Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Turns Out the Groundhog Doesn't Lie!



The plan was for me to head to DC with another photographer this week and catch some great shots of the monuments - mainly to fill the walls of my home with some great black & whites. We planned on going when the thermometer reached above 50 degrees. The thermometer was lazy. It seems that I happened upon Virginia during an unusually harsh winter season. This is the second snow storm this week and another one is forecasted for the weekend. Turns out the groundhog doesn't lie!

Normally, freezing weather would not cause me to hesitate - having grown up in New England part of my life, I have a callous to such things. Throwing a child in the mix changes everything, and I don't see "freeze the newborn" on my agenda!

Mission relinquished. Instead - I sit happily and enjoy watching the snow fall. again. (and will do so again this weekend).

Maybe one day soon the weather will cooperate. Until then...

Happy snow day!

No comments:

Post a Comment